Over the years, acupuncture has become one of the most popular alternative treatment options. And it is one that has been proven to have real benefits time and time again by many different medical care specialists. As a result, the best acupuncture Calgary has to offer can provide many more benefits than you may anticipate. Therefore, it is worth investigating this option to see what it can do for you and how you can manage many types of pain with this high-quality care method.
The Science Behind Acupuncture
In recent years, the science behind acupuncture has become more understood by medical experts and other scientists. Unlike many other types of alternative healing treatments, acupuncture does have real science behind it, making it a good choice for many who do not respond well to traditional medicines.
This care method works by pushing needles into the skin at specific points, triggering nerves that help to change the operation of various types of tissues, glands, and organs. Hundreds of needles may be used during this process to produce a beneficial effect, one that the therapist can manipulate for maximum benefits.
The interesting thing about acupuncture is that needle insertion does not hurt very much because it uses skilled manipulation to prevent skin tearing. And when used properly, medical researchers believe that acupuncture stimulates the immune system, promotes wound healing, and releases various types of endorphin chemicals into the bloodstream, providing relief for those who need it the most.
Ways Acupuncture Benefits People
Over the years, many studies have been implemented in an attempt to prove that acupuncture has benefits. And many of these studies have been very positive – although there is still some work to do demonstrating a few of these benefits, some research has found that the nerve-stimulation of acupuncture does create a surprising array of benefits, including:
- Neck Pain Management – Stimulating nerves near the neck help to relax the muscles and release endorphin chemicals that decrease pain.
- Back Pain Relief – Using a similar stimulation method as that utilized for neck pain management, this process uses acupuncture to provide relief to the back muscles.
- Migraines – Some studies have found that acupuncture may provide pain relief for migraines by decreasing the nerve stimulation that may cause some types of these headaches.
- Hot Flashes – Breast cancer patients who go through acupuncture have reported relief from these symptoms, often better than more traditional care methods.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Using acupuncture may help decrease carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms and may make it easier to tolerate when it flares up.
And there are also some studies in effect that have found a potential for acne treatment, some scar management types, and much more. However, the studies into many of these factors have been limited or somewhat mixed, so it is essential to understand this factor before talking to an acupuncture specialist and getting a treatment that may not be right for your specific pain care needs.