Reproductive and sexual health must be maintained through regular visits to an OBGYN. It is recommended to bring up any worries, symptoms, or changes in your health during these visits. It is best to openly and honestly communicate any concerns or changes in your health with your OBGYN Midtown East.
This can help you receive the appropriate care and treatment to maintain good reproductive and sexual health. Here are some important things you should always discuss with your OBGYN:
- Menstrual cycle: You should talk to your OBGYN about any changes in your menstrual cycle, such as heavy bleeding, painful periods, or heavy periods. This can aid in locating any underlying problems that require attention.
- Birth control: It is recommended to talk to your OBGYN about your birth control options if you are sexually active but don’t want to get pregnant. They can assist you in selecting the best approach and review any risks or adverse effects.
- Sexual health: Discuss any worries or queries regarding your sexual well-being, including STIs and safe sex techniques.
- Family planning: Talk to your OBGYN about starting a family. They can offer preconception counseling and guidance on getting ready for a healthy pregnancy.
- Menopause: You need to talk to your OBGYN if you are approaching or in the middle of menopause about any symptoms you may be having, such as hot flashes, mood swings, or dry vaginal discharge. They can advise on how to deal with these symptoms and, if necessary, bring up hormone replacement therapy.
- Reproductive health history: Your OBGYN should be aware of any personal or family history of conditions affecting reproductive health, such as endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), breast cancer, or ovarian cancer.
- Mental health: Discuss any worries you have about your mental health, such as depression or anxiety. Your OBGYN can provide referrals for mental health services.
Benefits of seeing your OBGYN regularly
Here are some of the most significant benefits of seeing your OBGYN regularly:
Screening for health conditions
Your OBGYN will perform tests and examinations throughout your routine visits to screen for pelvic inflammatory disease, breast cancer, STIs, cervical cancer, and genital herpes. Early diagnosis of these conditions can greatly enhance treatment outcomes and boost the likelihood of a full recovery.
Management of chronic conditions
Regular visits to your OBGYN are essential if you suffer from a chronic condition like endometriosis or fibroids. They can keep an eye on your health, modify your treatment plan as necessary, and offer advice on how to deal with any symptoms.
Reproductive health education
OBGYNs are also an excellent resource for reproductive health education. They can provide information on family planning, birth control options, fertility, and menopause. They can also answer any questions about sexual health, including safe sex practices and how to reduce the risk of contracting STIs.
Regular visits to your OBGYN are necessary for keeping track of your health and your unborn child’s health if you are pregnant or trying to conceive. Your OBGYN will perform standard prenatal examinations and ultrasounds, offer advice on healthy lifestyle choices, and assist you in getting ready for labor and delivery.
Seeing Elizabeth A. Eden, MD, FACOG. regularly can provide numerous benefits for your overall health and well-being.