Every year, millions of people get into car accidents on the roads and highways across the United States. For many, these accidents result in injuries that are not life-threatening, but that are painful. Without proper treatment, these injuries can become severe and even chronic.
If you have recently been in a car accident and could potentially be suffering from any of these injuries, a car accident chiropractor Austin can help. Chiropractic care is an all-natural, medicine-free way to treat the root cause of your pain — not just the pain itself.
Here are six common car accident injuries that your chiropractor can treat:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury from car accidents. In fact, according to Rush Hospital, more than one million people experience whiplash — also called neck strain or sprain — each year, and approximately two-thirds of people involved in motor vehicle accidents develop symptoms of whiplash. Chiropractors can help by conducting a spinal manipulation, also known as a chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractors can also conduct muscle stimulation — this includes gentle stretches and pressure techniques — to treat whiplash.
- Herniated Disc: A car accident can cause the discs in your back to shift out of alignment and become herniated. Left untreated, these discs can cause nerve pain or rupture.
- Inflammation: Inflammation is another common aliment caused during a car accident, and it can cause patients great discomfort. During your treatment, your chiropractor will realign your spine, which will cause your body to release chemicals that can reduce the inflammation and pain that comes with it.
- Scar Tissue: Scar tissue buildup after a car accident is a common complaint of man car accident victims. Chiropractors can help treat the areas where the scar tissue has built up so that it breaks up faster and so that your body will be less sore.
- Limited Range of Motion: If you have experienced a car accident, you know stiffness and tightness in your joints, neck, and back can limit your range of motion. Chiropractic adjustments help to release any blockages you may be experiencing and promote better movement so that you can start healing faster.
- Lower Back Pain: Spines often take the brunt of the impact in a car accident, which can lead to back pain, specifically lower back pain. If you are dealing with lower back pain chiropractor Austin, a chiropractic adjustment can treat the cause of that pain so that it doesn’t become a chronic condition.